viernes, 29 de enero de 2016

A trip to Colón

I wander these places like a ghost
Buildings stand like phantoms I used to know
The chains, forever undone
Is it a memory of yours, haunting me alone?

The air is becoming thinner, a storm to come
Dandelions flying over my soul
I've been far away, away from home
But I'll be there, as soon as you come

I stare at the river, the same old sight
Maybe it's the same, when they arrived
The clouds are full, over the sky above
Yet, they refuse to let it all fall down

Do you deny the past, like I sometimes do?
Do you do the same, repress all that?
It works for me, from time to time
You've never existed, yet you're in my mind

Some strangers invade the place where I write
They seem to be here to look over, to colonize
I move on, on from their sight
Looking for my space, my time

Over the fence where I lie, the river seem so calm
It's a tremendous task to write for you
in order for you to understand
This was my place, now and not in some other time
I struggle to recapture its essence, so nice
Far away from the noise, the boasting and the cars
This city looks so sad without you in sight


Colaborar con un cafecito (pago seguro):

Invitame un café en cafecito.app

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario